NEW YORK — February 4, 2013 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and a proponent of all religions, and Paradox Development Studio, today announced a new expansion to the world of Crusader Kings II, the critically acclaimed RPG strategy title. The forthcoming expansion, titled Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods, will add a number of widely requested features to the game, including the ability to play as a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler, expanding empires through war, pillaging, and ruthless brutality. Players will also be able to begin their in-game reign as far back as the year 867 AD, making The Old Gods officially the Paradox title that spans the longest period in history.
- Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions
- Earlier start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
- Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
- Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
- Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground – lest your warlike people grow angry during extended peacetime!
- Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time
- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner
- Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units